WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 252 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice article but, Cisco still has some years left. The Cloud network is the future but, you have to get the security aspect etc. piece solidified. Then, as of now or later having the customer buy into this concept just as the Colo site/BDR plan project that are under way nowadays. I really think this article has some good key points but, time will tell if the people have trust in this concept versus the Cisco/wired way.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Solid point. I like that the guy who created the software even states it will take 10 years. Too many times you see these new technologies and their founders/creators are already stating they will take down the big boys quickly. Interested to see where it goes, that's for sure...
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As nice as Casado makes a virtual network sound I don't see his vision happening anytime soon. This makes a single point of attack against a network. If it is compromised then you just lost control of your entire network. Also what happens if the "brains" goes down? Does the hardware go into hub mode or do they shut down also? I don't see many uses for this is every day networks. Also touting the ability of less skilled people to have the ability to run the network is not a big selling point to me.
  • odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I see the network engineer and the virtual engineer becoming one person at some point.

VMware isn’t going to let network virtualization pass it by — Cloud Computing News
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action