Options

How to access MCP site

I'd like to request my welcome kit and all that, but I can't get into the MCP site. I verified that Prometric has updated my status to PASSED after being PENDING over the last few days. How do I get my MCP ID and Access code? Is MS going to mail this to me, or am I supposed to find it somewhere else?

I also tried the alternate access method, but it doesn't go through either. I'm not sure if the "vendor registration ID" is supposed to be my "REGISTRATION:" code or my prometric candidate ID number. I tried both, but neither worked. If anyone can walk me through this, I'd appreciate. The score sheet you get is extremely vague on this, icon_confused.gif

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    You also need a Passport Id. I used my vendor registration#, but that was a while back.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    3 days after i took the exam, they sent me an email with my mcp id and access code. Let me look at a few things then i will message you.
  • Options
    wireratwirerat Member Posts: 251
    They will send you two emails. The first will have your MCP id # in it. The second email will have a access code and a link to the mcp website in it. Once you have both these emails the rest is pretty self explanatory.
  • Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    I have yet to access the MCP site, and I have had my MCSE 2K for almost three years icon_lol.gif
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    BaredorBaredor Member Posts: 99
    No email yet. Hopefully it will be along soon. Thanks guys for the answers.
  • Options
    TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    I'm still waiting for my emails to be resent. As they only previously sent one. That also was weeks ago now and I'm still waiting to hear.
    icon_sad.gif
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • Options
    wireratwirerat Member Posts: 251
    It took 2-3 weeks before I saw my emails. Dont know what took so long, but they did come through. You could also try:

1) For questions about the Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) program in the United States or Canada, please call toll free (800) 636-7544.

2) For MCP program inquiries: MCPHelp@microsoft.com

3) For MCP and MCT program inquiries: fax (661) 793-6555

Fax cover sheet:
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/3/0/0302d380-0512-4219-9ea1-0d95767cdbc1/mcp_fax.doc
  • Options
    BaredorBaredor Member Posts: 99
    I emailed to the MCPHelp account right before posting the original message, but we all know how fast Microsoft is about anything. icon_rolleyes.gif