Hi from Ireland. Preparing for MCITP SA.

MrdrawMrdraw Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys and Girls,

Hi I am 30 and from Dublin.

So I have set myself a task of getting MCITP SA before the end of this year. I have been in I.T. for the past 10 years and I really feel I have to get certified to progress further in my career.

I am in a good position I suppose for this to happen. I work for an I.T. company from my home and have an office in my house. I have VMs at the ready, the books have arrived from amazon and a friend has provided all his videos he purchased that he used to get certified.

The only issue is that I havent studied for anything in those ten years! I think a slow and steady approach is best so I dont get bored with this and give it up. I have set a date of July 2nd for the first exam, 70-640 and will be booking this when I get paid next so the date is set in stone.

The first two weeks I will do one hour either before or after work and at the weekend I intend to do 3 hours on a Saturday and leave Sunday free.

How does that sound to start off with?

I have been reading the forums and it has been a great help so far. Any advice on how I intend to proceed outlined above please let me know?

Thanks,

P

P.s. The playstation controller has been given to my wife and hidden.

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Welcome to the forums!

Just so you know (if you dont already), Microsoft have updated their certifications and call them differently now. Since your just starting out in the cert world, it may be worth your while to check out these new certifications. Here's a recent thread about this > http://www.techexams.net/forums/general-certification/76382-microsoft-going-back-mcse-title-2012-technology-private-cloud-sql.html

If you decide to go on and do the SA, just ensure you lab up the material as much as possible. There's a fair bit of PowerShell on the tests too from what I've read from folks on here. Good luck!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • bsonbson Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There's a few on here from Ireland so welcome to the forums.

how fast you progress depends on your experience, whats your role at minute involve?

I had to knock out the MCSA a few years ago, then shortly (well a year) later upgraded to MCITP on Server 2008-I had to do this in order to find another job and the work paid off. New job involved me moving a few hundred miles from Belfast to Cork but it was well worth it (sleepless nights sucked but thats part of it).

The certs certainly helped me, just need to knock out a few more before i head to Essendons teritory in the New Year!

You'll find lots of good resources here in the forums.

I know Prometric used to have exam packs for sale that if you bought more than one exam voucher you got a free re-sit if you failed, might be worth looking into that to help you out, but i'm sure you wont need it (i'm not shy to say it did)-not sure thou how they do it these days (think it was cheaper than booking exams 1 at a time)
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    bson wrote: »
    There's a few on here from Ireland so welcome to the forums.
    Ach ní thuigim go bhfuil Gaeilge ag duine ar bith anseo... Tá fáilte romhat go dti an fóram mar sin féin!
  • MrdrawMrdraw Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys.

Started building my lab today. I have been going through Train Signal videos and they seem pretty good so far. Actually liking buildinghopefuls, hopefully this continues. I am going to continue to start off slow so I don't become overwhelmed with all the material...