Options

Using Transcender as a study resource

worldmac1worldmac1 Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
Has anyone used Transcender as a resource for the 553 iins exam? Just curious, I used them a long long long time ago for the M$ certs, but didnt know how they would be for Cisco.

Thanks,
Certs in Progress:

CCNP:Routing 300-101 15%
OIIIIIIIO

Comments

• Options
    ThunderPipeThunderPipe Member Posts: 120
    I haven't. In my experience, the practice test is about as much as the real exam. I'd rather have the real world test than the expensive fake one. Also, a lot of books come with practice engines.
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    I haven't. In my experience, the practice test is about as much as the real exam. I'd rather have the real world test than the expensive fake one. Also, a lot of books come with practice engines.

One expensive fake exam may save you paying for multiple real ones. :D

But yes, look for practice tests in books, download demos and watch for promotions. LearnSmart (was Preplogic) recently had a $49 promotion for their practice exams. LearnSmart is not wonderful, but a $49 practice exam is better than nothing.

Some of these exam vendors rely heavily on direct phone sales, so you may be able to twist the sales reps' arms into better pricing (ExamForce is a good example).

I don't think you could pass a Cisco exam based on practice test demos, but those might be good initial gauges of where you're at as you study. You could then decide to splurge on the full version closer to your actual test date if you need more thorough review.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    brianglbriangl Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
    worldmac1 wrote: »
    Has anyone used Transcender as a resource for the 553 iins exam? Just curious, I used them a long long long time ago for the M$ certs, but didnt know how they would be for Cisco.

Thanks,

I see you got your CCNA:S, did you use the Transcender? I used it as a final preperation. I learned a lot from it, after studying everything else hard and passed the CCNA:S on the first try. Thought it was well worth it after seeing so many people taking the test multiple times before passing.
  • Options
    egrizzlyegrizzly Member Posts: 533 ■■■■■□□□□□
    worldmac1 wrote: »

Thanks,

If you mean for the CCNA exams the Transcenders are pretty good since they give you exam questions as challenging as the real CCNA tests. They also give you a breakdown of the weak areas to allow you to focus your study. Currently they're running a 25% discount till 7/10. I'd recommend to anybody once a week and twice on Sunday!
    B.Sc (Info. Systems), CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, Security+