Options

Some agencies are just ...... desperate

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
I don't get it .. I have a decent salary, I posted CV and Salary expectations on a specific website ages ago. Every now and then I am getting calls from agencies..

Then they ask for my current salary and my expectations (clearly they didn't read the job site to begin with) .. and then some struggle to give me the number, probably knowing fair well that I wouldn't go for certain jobs based on the salary alone.

I know from a few friends who are recruiter themselves, that they get paid when the applicant signes up, some even only pay when the applicant passes the probation ..

So why wasting time and money just for the sake of them forwarding my CV ? What is the point ?

Best example today

They : You are perfect for job X
Me : <snip> Where is the job located
They : It is in XYZ
Me : Average salary in XYZ is quite low, what do they offer
They : What do you expect
Me (already bored) : My current salary is YZW, and I don't really want to go lower than that, but it depends, send me the details
They : <sending vague email>
Me : Please tell me the expected salary already dammit (last two words I might just made up)
They : It is the average so I'd be worried your expectations are too high, but they are willing to negotiate
Me (and I am not joking) : If you are worried then you know fair well that the salary they are offering is WELL below my expected salary and you are clearly reluctant to give me a number, which I am sure, you know exactly. Thanks for the offer, but we can save us both time and money as this won't go anywhere ...

Seriously, I am so bored of calls like that ............
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• Options
    DrovorDrovor Member Posts: 137
    They really should change how recruiters get paid to stop wasting everyone's time. I know what I can do and some of these recruiters try to make it seems as if I would have no problem getting the job. For example, I talked to a recruiter and specifically told them my Linux knowledge was very limited since I had doubts about being qualified. The recruiter talked me into an interview and I thought at least I could get some practice with interviewing if it didn't work out. In the interview I knew they wanted someone with intermediate skills and the next day I received an email stating the same. I guess the recruiters at least got paid!

I also like those emails from recruiters asking me to work in another state for 3-6 months. Sure why not move to another state to work a temporary job!
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hot another call yesterday, which was even worse. My CV has VMware written all over the place. What did a recruiter think when reading my CV ? I am PERFECT for a CONTRACTOR role as SQL and Oracle SENIOR admin. WTF ? I asked him whether he has the right guy as I have nothing DBA related on my CV and he really said that I tick all the boxes .... I mean seriously.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    zenhoundzenhound Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There are a couple companies here that if you apply for anything with them they call you an hour later offering you crappy jobs and seem surprised when you won't bite. Then they ask for your resume. Which, what's wrong with your website if you don't already have it? How did you get my number if not from the resume I submitted? Argh.