Options

Just Passed the IINS exam!!!!

worldmac1worldmac1 Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
Wow, is all I can say...I just scored a 988 on my IINS exam. It wasn't too terribly bad, but you had definitely know your SDM and firewall topics...
Because I was floating on air afterwards, I don't remember the drive back in to work. :)

I used the following as study resources:

-Both Cisco Press books, along with the accompanying Boson exam labs.
-CBT Nuggets streaming subscription. (Thanks to my work) Jeremy is da Bomb!
-Techexams and the forums. The forums kept me motivated and the Journey (http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-security/67710-my-journey-implementing-cisco-ios-network-security-640-553-iins-ccna-security.html) helped a lot. I made flash cards and all kinds of notes to help me accomplish each requirement as stated by Cisco.com.
I only used a Cisco 851 router and followed along with Jeremy on the nuggets.
My Boss at work was really great at helping understand the IKE phases a little better. I definitely need a little more exposure to that.

Thanks everyone for your motivation, suggestions, tips! This is definitely the best forum on the net.
Certs in Progress:

CCNP:Routing 300-101 15%
OIIIIIIIO

Comments

• Options
    SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    worldmac1 wrote: »
    Wow, is all I can say...I just scored a 988 on my IINS exam. It wasn't too terribly bad, but you had definitely know your SDM and firewall topics...
    Because I was floating on air afterwards, I don't remember the drive back in to work. :)

I used the following as study resources:

-Both Cisco Press books, along with the accompanying Boson exam labs.
    -CBT Nuggets streaming subscription. (Thanks to my work) Jeremy is da Bomb!
    -Techexams and the forums. The forums kept me motivated and the Journey (http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-security/67710-my-journey-implementing-cisco-ios-network-security-640-553-iins-ccna-security.html) helped a lot. I made flash cards and all kinds of notes to help me accomplish each requirement as stated by Cisco.com.
    I only used a Cisco 851 router and followed along with Jeremy on the nuggets.
    My Boss at work was really great at helping understand the IKE phases a little better. I definitely need a little more exposure to that.

Thanks everyone for your motivation, suggestions, tips! This is definitely the best forum on the net.

congrats on the pass! i'm just started studying for the IINS exam, looking to get it done within a month/month and a half. glad i don't have to shell out for new gear as it looks pretty straightforward from the lab book. what's up next??
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • Options
    dirtyharrydirtyharry Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Nice score.
  • Options
    cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and great score!!! What's your next venture?
  • Options
    worldmac1worldmac1 Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and great score!!! What's your next venture?

I'm currently watching the 902 Routing CBTs and just taking it all in before I begin reading. I have some Boson and GNS stuff too, so hopefully I won't need to buy any equipment. ;)

My manager wants me to do a little more reading on HyperV and clustering since I am doing more of that here lately so I might study both curriculums at the same time.
    Certs in Progress:

CCNP:Routing 300-101 15%
    OIIIIIIIO