Options

The odom book..

and36yand36y Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
A quick question to those who've been here.. the odom book, does it cover all the subjects needed for written and If i study just the subjects within the odom book, using other books to fill in detail (doyle tcpip, qos exam, multicast, etc) would that cover the exam.

Andy
Studying CCIE R&S

Written passed, looking at lab towards end of 2013

Comments

• Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    More or less, yes.

Use the Boson engine exam questions that are on the CD with the book, they are very, very good. And also it's worth it to pop the 100 bucks for the full Boson CCIE Written test questions. Those were my primary resources in studying for the Written (backed up by years of experience of course, so take my opinion with a grain of salt), and I killed the exam with a 965.
  • Options
    and36yand36y Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Appreciate your response, I to have too many years of experience..Far more than I care to remember. But as you know real world networking is a narrower field than exam prep. I just want to make sure I'm concentrating my time on the stuff I'll be tested on, and not waste precious study time on subjects not relevent to the exam...

Ta

Andy
    Studying CCIE R&S

Written passed, looking at lab towards end of 2013
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The odom book is not a time waster. It will set up a framework for you to expand on. The boson practice tests are an invaluable tool for getting you ready for how Cisco will ask questions.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."