LearnKey Vs CBT Nuggets

Anyone looked at both these CBT`s?

Going by the Network+ exam CBT`s nuggets it had just what you needed to pass the exam, i fear this is the same with the XP one as well, Im thinking of getting Learnkey and just wanted to know if anyone had used them for the XP 70-270.

Comments

• jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    Both are great, they both covered the objectives.
    What next?
  • ja5983ja5983 Member Posts: 129
    Robson,

I have them, but havent gotten around to viewing them. I will tell you how they are once i star though, however, i must say that I have taken the Security+ CBTN and the Hacking Revealed Learnkey and there are advantages to both.

The CBT Nuggets are portable, you can rip them to another format and play them in your car if you have a car TV, you can also play them on a home DVD player if you rip them to a compatible format (DIVX for me). However, The CBT nuggets are NOT interactive and sometimes their drawings detract a little from the content. Also, in terms of the Security+ CBTs i feel that had i used those alone i probably would have failed or done close to that.

The learnkeys are great in that they have practice tests and labs, and the material seems a little more in depth, however, atleast in the hacking one, the guy is a little....annoying and they are not portable in that the learnkeys use a special program called 'velocity' to run and they are flash based. Hope that helps!
    Josh
    A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, TICSA, CCNA, MCSA, AS Network Engineering
  • 3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    Yeah, thats what ive heard from the Learnkey ones, i like to have some tests or labs to practice with, its all well learning it, but practicing it helps alot.

The only probs now is the price they are asking for the cd`s is quite abit! hence not to shell out of a product that could possibale not help me much.
  • UncleBOBUncleBOB Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've used CBT XP updated ones for this exams, found them abit lacking in information compaired to the exam questions i got. Hardly any coverage of IIS. But i still passed
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Does anyone sell these products used?
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • cinargycinargy Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used both.
    I find that CBT Nuggests for XP is much more practical than Learnkey and gives you better examples and tips, but Learnkey is interactive and helps you memorize what you are learning much better.

In my opinion both of these kits alone are not enough for the exam, and you should also have a book, because they don't go to details in the level of the exam.

I used these kits for an overview of the subjects and then read the more detailed MS book quickly.

Good Luck!
  • eric21120eric21120 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes both are good, and I think looking at video is really important for thos who is new learner. As for myself, I would say CBT is more friendly.
    "There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." ~ Socrates
  • TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    CBT nuggets are great to learn material when you have no experience. Its nice to see it hands on.

To use it as your only source... You'll fall flat on your face.

Start with it and get a basis to improve.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?