Options

brocade and Fibre channel

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
Does any one have any experience setting up Fibre-channel. I have very limited experience with it and I know in the new role I will be starting shortly they do use it a little.

I did clearly state that I haven't worked with FC so its not like they expect me to be and expert on my first day, but I thought it would be nice to not go in completely cold.

So if any one has any good videos or material for FC I could review that would be great, if they are around brocade so much the better :)
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Brocade has a lot of great stuff on youtube. So does Xsigo.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Daniel333 wrote: »
    Brocade has a lot of great stuff on youtube. So does Xsigo.

LOL I watching a video on youtube, read what you said and glanced down to see who had posted it..... Brocode :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    I have some OJT from our SAN guy on brocade and FC. The main challenge I have had is remembering the bloody WWNs. I think you will find that in the absence of complex zoning requirements, the brocade FC switch is basically plug and play. Way more work is put in on the SAN side and the node side. Server 2008R2 makes the node side much more simple as well.