Options

Better laptop battery life - VirtualBox or VMWare?

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
Boss is complaining that his MacBook Air likes to chew up the battery when he is running Win 7 in VirtualBox. Some folks have told him VMWare is better on batteries. I have no clue, and haven't been able to find anything that can give a clue to what is better. I figured someone here has to have played with both on a laptop and could give us some insight in to which is best.

Comments

• Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If there is a difference it will not be much. And so much will be to do with what he is running in Virtual box or Vmware.

I have both on this machine and don't notice a difference in battery usage. What I am running on the guest machines and how many I have on the go has far bigger impact.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    I think it is just Windows. Because even if you weren't using VMs and dualbooted on the thing, you'd notice a dramatic difference.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???