Options

How hard did you find the CCNA material?

hitm4n04hitm4n04 Banned Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I find it very hard, maybe its not mean to be for me? i looked CBT nuggets still hard to understand.!!

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Unless you work with it already it will be hard. I'm finding it difficult to consume the ICND2 material right now, but I don't work with it. What material are you using to study for the CCNA?
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Like veritas said - Unless you work with it prior to, it's going to be new material. It's going to be hard. It's going to take time.

It's a lot of theory, a lot of math, a lot of well everything. Bundled up in one test that will see if you can put different theories together. It's actually pretty amazing test to go through.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ICND1 was pretty easy. I found ICND2 to be sorta tough. I did put in a lot of study time so it wasn't something I couldn't handle.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    hitm4n04 wrote: »
    I find it very hard, maybe its not mean to be for me? i looked CBT nuggets still hard to understand.!!
    What are you finding difficult about it? I noticed you have Network+, so that should help a lot. Unless you're going into the CBT nuggets by watching the videos out of order, then it's pretty easy to understand. I recommend you watch the videos in order.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    mella060mella060 Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What books are you reading ? You should start with Todd Lammles CCNA study guide. It is easy to understand and good for people new to networking. Read a chapter in the book, then watch the relevant video to help break up the theory and understand it better.

Are you genuinely interested in networking ? I have to admit that the theory can be a little boring in the beginning, but stick with it because once you understand the fundamentals of how networks work and subnetting, and start playing around with routers and switches, then it just gets better.