Options

Cisco last interface change?

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
Hi, is there a simple command to show the last state change of an interface in Cisco IOS?

I know you can see the last time an interface counters where cleared and packets sent/received.

And it will show as bouncing up and down in the logs.

but is there a direct command that will tell you time since the port last went up/down??

Cheers
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• Options
    QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think sh int or sh logs are your only real options aside from a syslog server with decent filtering options.

Do you use snmp? There is an MIB for it:
    snmpwalk -v 1 -c
    .iso.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.9
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    yep that the mib I saw, just wondered if you could get to it via the CLI.

Currently I have to log on to the reporting servers that run daily reports from SNMP and Syslog, when you are logged on a switch it would be nice to get the info there and then for a specific port if you need it.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.