Options

small business components

GOZCUGOZCU Member Posts: 234
hello guys, we will change the network components at the company. actually we will design it from the beginning. I will do the configurations, designing and the documentation. My question is, what router and switch is your suggestion for a small corporation.(and other things you may think). Budget is not limited but company doesn't aim to grow in a close future. cisco vendor is my preference. But there are some models which can do the similar things (on paper), that is why i prefer to take some suggestions from the real experienced hands. Which ones generally made you so happy with their stability...

15 workstation
1 server
wireless n is essential. (workstations are all laptops but using wired connection normally)
120 sqmt. office (2 rooms next to each other 60 + 60)
load balancing , dmz, ipsec,lt2p vpns are in usage. ( there are other servers remotely controlled)

thx

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    UC560 with cisco ASA 5510 would be my standard setup for someone like that. You can get everything you need 2 boxes with a few switches. That way they have VOIP, VPN, and wireless all setup.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    shodown wrote: »
    UC56 with cisco ASA 5510 would be my standard setup for someone like that. You can get everything you need 2 boxes with a few switched. That way they have VOIP, VPN, and wireless all setup.

but this is an expensive solution i guess, am i wrong ?is it worth to buy them for 15 workstations and 2 servers?
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    It would be expensive compared to other solutions, but as they say, you get what you pay for! Personally I'd go Palo Alto for the firewalls, Aruba WAPs and a couple Cisco switches.

You could just as easily get away with some cheap netgear or linksys equipment though.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    It would be expensive compared to other solutions, but as they say, you get what you pay for! Personally I'd go Palo Alto for the firewalls, Aruba WAPs and a couple Cisco switches.

You could just as easily get away with some cheap netgear or linksys equipment though.

Yes its not cheap, but I don't know the level of support needed, so I recommended a cisco system that is pretty easy to setup and support will cover you end to end as long as you have a contract for the gear.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    thanks guys, i will definitely think on your recommendations