Options

Odd mousepad issue!!

Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
Hi

I have a NC6320 with a mousepad problem, it keeps on sticking and I have to press the power button which turns my screen off then power back on which makes the mousepad come back on?

I can be on it for up to 20 minutes or so before it happens but once it does it then happens every few minutes, its now starting to bug me because I use my laptop on a small table in front of my couch and don't have room for a mouse

Any ideas?

Cheers

Lee

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Is it common over there to refer to it as a mousepad instead of trackpad or touchpad? It took me a few seconds to figure out what you actually meant.
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    ive had trackpads go out because they overheated

its easier just to replace them
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    WGUGeekGirlWGUGeekGirl Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is just a guess, but have you taken your laptop apart at any point recently? Or has someone else taken it apart to make a repair? Maybe it is not fully connected to the motherboard. I've seen some laptops with similar issues where the mousepad was connected to the motherboard, but sort of halfway connected. Then once the motherboard gets heated up from use, it becomes unresponsive.

If all else fails though, maybe you could get a wireless optical mouse that can be used on most surfaces that you can find around the house. I know I use mine on most surfaces (not glass tables but on most other tables and stuff like non-shiny books, papers, the couch, the arm of a chair, etc.) and it works fine for me. I do that because I don't like the feeling of restriction that comes with being stuck on the mousepad. :D Hope this helps!
    "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." - Psalms 119:105 (KJV)
    WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress:
    Transferred
    (58 CUs) | Required (17 CUs) | In Progress (8 CUs) | Completed (36 CUs)
    BBC1, CVV1, GAC1, HHT1, AGC1, BVC1, INC1, INT1, WFV1, AXV1, CPV1, LAE1, LUT1, QBT1, IWC1, IWT1, QLT1, CLC1, DJV1, DHV1 | COV1, CQV1, CNV1, SBT1, RGT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TYC1, TYP1 | CJV1, CUV1, BOV1, TPV1, MGC1, RIT1, BNC1, KET1, CTV1
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Mousepad, trackpad, touchpad lol so many names for the same thing

Will take a look inside it soon before I go buying a spares/repair laptop

Thanks for the advice

Lee
  • Options
    quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just get a USB mouse, to be honest I hate the scratchpad, i have about 5 USB mice floating around the house for this very thing, and I too hate mouse pads, I often use a book or just a flat smooth surface of some kind.
    The Wings of Technology