Options

Squeaked by ICND2 today with 846 (passing was 825)

ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
Finally, after about 4-5 months and another 6 months or so with working on ICND1...I'm a CCNA.

It feels great! Just wish I could have gotten a little closer towards 900. I had a 950 on ICND1 so I set my standards high. I feel it was also a much easier test (the ICND1) and I had about 25 minutes left when I finished.

ICND2 on the other hand, much harder (seemed like more tricky questions), and had about 4-5 simulators. They actually weren't that difficult, but I just hate having to play move all the windows around so I can see the topology, etc.

Materials used:

CBT Nuggets ICND2 videos
Chris Bryant ICND2 videos
Lammle CCNA book
Lots of practice with my home lab

Comments

• Options
    zenhoundzenhound Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Pass is a pass! Congrats.
  • Options
    maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    KPLCKPLC Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good stuff! Congrats!
  • Options
    lanrexng2lanrexng2 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats on pass buddy icon_smile.gif
    M Sc Computer Science == 1% completeA+, Network+, Security+, CCENT == 100% complete
    ICND2, RHCSA, C/C++, Python, x86,
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words. It feels great to be done with the CCNA.
  • Options
    spd3432spd3432 Member Posts: 224
    Thanks everyone for the kind words. It feels great to be done with the CCNA.

Hah! You a funny guy. You're not done with CCNA. You're just resting your brain for a little bit. You can have a week off, then start hitting the books again. Only 1,092 days until you have to re-certify. icon_lol.gif

Congrats.
    ----CCNP goal----
    Route [ ] Studying
    Switch [ ] Next
    Tshoot [ ] Eventually
  • Options
    luberguilarteluberguilarte Member Posts: 112
    CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSSSSSSS I am working on my icnd2 now , which subject was the hardes for you? So far vtp is killing me but I am starting to get the feeling that I am understanding it better , uff it take time, well enjoy your new cert and keep working toward on another certification while you look to get hired at least for an internship . GOD bless you.
  • Options
    spd3432 wrote: »
    Hah! You a funny guy. You're not done with CCNA. You're just resting your brain for a little bit. You can have a week off, then start hitting the books again. Only 1,092 days until you have to re-certify. icon_lol.gif

Congrats.

I am quite the comedian...;)

Anyways, all I meant by that statement was that I've currently completed the CCNA certification track. I'm just glad to not have to slave over looking at ACLs and IPv6 information. Not at all stating that I'm complacent where I'm at and not planning on learning.

For me, the hardest part of studying for Cisco or really anything is just getting in the "studying routine". I'm going to give myself to the end of this week and then start on CCNP Switch. Even if I only watch one video a day or do 10 minutes of book studying per day, I'm not going to let myself get out of the studying routine.

Thanks for the advice everyone and good luck on studies.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Great accomplishment!
  • Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
    cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    xXClockworkxXClockwork Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to you!
  • Options
    DB CooperDB Cooper Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Its like shooting down a Mig, who cares if it took 5 bullets or 500 bullets. A kill is a kill, great job Ace.

Rearm, refuel, and get back into the fight.
  • Options
    LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I'm planning my ICND1 for May 31st myself.
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!