Options

COMPTIA electives for MCSA

Azriel924Azriel924 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
For those using COMPTIA exams for electives in the MCSA cert I wanted to save you a little time. When I didn't hear from Microsoft after passing all required exams I emailed mcphelp@microsoft.com . The response surprised me somewhat as I was asked about COMPTIA certs and previous MS exams after the test itself in the survey. You need to go to COMPTIA and request they send your cert records to MS to get credit for your MCSA. The MS response was as follows:

Thank you for your e-mail. We are sorry for any inconvenience. Please be advised that you should contact CompTIA to have them add your CompTIA A + and Network + credentials to your MCP record.

Please remember that Microsoft has selected the following CompTIA certifications to serve as an alternative to passing an elective exam toward the Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) on Windows 2000 certification. CompTIA credentials are widely recognized across the industry and are developed and maintained through a robust and tested process.

To receive an elective credit toward the MCSA on Windows 2000 certification, candidates must earn the CompTIA A+ credential plus either the CompTIA Network+ credential or the CompTIA Server+ credential. To apply CompTIA credentials toward MCSA certification, follow these steps:

1. Take (passing is not necessary) at least one of the Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA) core exams listed below to obtain an MCP ID.

70-210 Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional

70-215 Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows 2000 Server

70-218 Managing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Environment

70-240 Windows 2000 Accelerated Exam

70-270 Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional

You will receive the MCP ID by e-mail after passing an exam or contact a Microsoft Regional Education Service Center for assistance.

2. Visit the CompTIA Web site at http://www.comptia.org/certification/mcsa to register your CompTIA A+ credential plus either your CompTIA Network+ or CompTIA Server+ credential, and your MCP ID.

Just in case I'm not the only one that wasn't aware of this. Good luck to you all.

Comments