Options

BCDBoot after sysprep help

lynkslynks Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone might be able to give me some advice on this.

I am creating an automated Windows 7 Deployment disk using WinPE 3.0 and customizing startnet.cmd to script the steps needed to deploy the image to the machine.

My startnet.cmd file looks like this:
@echo off
echo Initiating Windows Deployment Environment
wpeinit
echo.
echo Preparing Disk for Deployment
diskpart /s X:\partition.txt
echo.
echo Deploying Image to Machine
Y:\imagex.exe /apply Y:\Image\image.wim 1 C:\
echo.
echo Making Windows Bootable
X:\Windows\System32\bcdboot C:\Windows /s C:
echo.
Restarting into Windows
exit

My partition.txt file that diskpart uses looks like this:
select disk 0
clean
create part primary
select part 1
format fs=ntfs quick
assign letter="C"
active
select disk 1
select part 1
assign letter="Y"
exit

This deployment works fine and doesn't present any errors, however on the Dell E6420's I'm deploying them too, after it restarts it lists two copies of windows in the boot loader. The 1st one boots into the image I just applied, and the second one fails to boot.

I've also created a different wim image for some HP 630 laptops we have and I have created a deployment disk for those laptops with the same scripts as above. When deploying to the HP 630's, the boot loader only has the one entry and therefore doesn't prompt me to select it.

My question is, why would the E6420's be getting two copies of Windows in the boot loader, and how would I fix it so that only the one copy is in there and it doesn't prompt for which one I want to load. I have so far been fixing this by running msconfig after the deployment is complete, however I want this deployment to only require a technician to type in the computer name and press enter.

Any help with this will be really appreciated.
Thanks guys

-Dave