Options

cisco softphone on cell phone

What would be the ideal way to get a cisco softphone running from a laptop to run from a cell phone like an apple iphone. I see various apps on the iphone but not sure if thats the way to go about it.

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    dmarcisco wrote: »
    What would be the ideal way to get a cisco softphone running from a laptop to run from a cell phone like an apple iphone. I see various apps on the iphone but not sure if thats the way to go about it.

Cisco Mobile or Cisco jabber.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    what will need to be configured to make it work? How reliable is the connection?
  • Options
    dmarcisco wrote: »
    what will need to be configured to make it work? How reliable is the connection?

depends on a 4G phone it works great, on a 3G phone not so great. Also depending on how you are setup you may need a VPN to connect back, that kills the battery. The setup is on cisco's website, if I get a chance to look for the link I'll post it. There is also mobility and mobile voice access which may fit you more.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    so how did you like the ccnp v track? I know it took you some time to complete it. Seems to me voice could be a nightmare so many different variables to consider.
  • Options
    Sorry for the long response. I didn't see this post. I really enjoyed the CCNP V track. I completed it when I was working for a cisco partner so I was use to seeing the different environments and I used pretty much something out of 90 percent of the book. The newer things like SAF and RSVP with sip preconditions I haven't used yet, but I will be implementing them at my new job, so its worth is. I say CCNP V is harder than the normal CCNP track as there is so much to cover. You learn the protocols, you learn your way around the apps, and you have to make them all work. If you are working in a enterprise voice environment or a partner its well worth it, if you are working service provider VOIP, I think the only books that are really of benefit are the older gateway, gatekeepers book, and end to end QOS, or the QOS study guide, unless your system is built around CUCM.
    Currently Reading

• Options
    drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
    Good point - I only have exp with the sp voice, but I work for a partner now and doing a lot more CME/CUCM stuff and they want me to do the NP Voice, the material is so dry though... any suggestions on getting through it? I was thinking going with the physical hard covers vs the PDF/online learning - maybe it's the tiring of the eyes looking at the screen... who knows
  • Options
    drkat wrote: »
    Good point - I only have exp with the sp voice, but I work for a partner now and doing a lot more CME/CUCM stuff and they want me to do the NP Voice, the material is so dry though... any suggestions on getting through it? I was thinking going with the physical hard covers vs the PDF/online learning - maybe it's the tiring of the eyes looking at the screen... who knows

I use hardcovers of a few books, Gateway Gatekeepers is my favorite voip book, its kinda dated, but Its really good. The CIPT1 and 2 books for the 8x track I agree are very dry, but I use them all the time at work. As for PDF's I have all the SRND's, admin guides, and Scripting guides on my IPAD and I refernce those quite a bit when I'm looking to learn something new.

Also for any other SP guys learn as much SIP, H323 as you can. When I worked service provider voip a lot of end changes werent' done on each gateway we had deployed. The majority of the edits went on the gatekeeper devices. I talked to some buddies that still do SP voip and while SIP has taken over, most say they are planning on keeping there gatekeepers, due to the fact that they have been running on 10 years and the only time they have been brought down is to upgrade the model, or IOS.
    Currently Reading