Options

Passing Score?

NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
I was just taking a look at the CASP Overview on CompTIA (CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner) and saw that it says...
Passing Score: Pass/Fail only. No scaled score.

...can someone explain what this means exactly? Thanks!
Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security

Comments

• Options
    Success101Success101 Member Posts: 132
    Nytrocide wrote: »
    I was just taking a look at the CASP Overview on CompTIA (CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner) and saw that it says...

I'm not sure how the exam is graded or if certain questions are worth more than others, but after you complete the exam you will receive either a pass or fail. That's it. No percentage or score.

I just took the exam a few days ago and I can tell you it is quite challenging, but not impossible.
  • Options
    jimmyhoohjimmyhooh Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nytrocide wrote: »

Well.. CASP questions are max to 80 and its depend on which pool of exam questions that being selected for you. I just sat for my exam this week and passed. The score report will highlight where is your weakness. Thats ALL. Questions are both technical and management but more in technical end. Its challenging questions and crack your brain.

With regards to your question on "Pass/Fail" grading, I believe it depends on the weight of the questions. There are around 10 questions required selection of 2 or 3 answers and most of them are long winded questions to confuse you.

Overall, I can see most of the questions are long winded to get one selection of answer too. Take note also that there are number of simulations that further crack your brain. Those carried weight too. The examination is 3 hours (2.5 Hours + 0.5 factor for non mother tongue language).

Jimmy Carter