Options

Passed Route

fiftyofiftyo Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello, first post.

Passed route last thursday, with a score of 825, 50mins left on the clock(I get an extra 30mins for english not being my native language). I used the following material:
INE CCNP R&S
FLG. Over all great resource, I found this extremely easy to read.
OCG. Confusing at first due to no prio real world networking experience. However the concepts came very clear together after reading the FLG and watching the INE videos.
CCNP Lab Manual. I probably went through it 3-4 times, over all good labs, although I would not address them as very hard.
GNS3-Vault.com for suppleumentary labs.

Overall I thought the test was fair. However I should've prepared more as I did awfully on IPv6. I studied for 7 weeks, estimate about 5-6 hours daily. Anyway I would not suggest this, but rather take your time and truly learn the concepts inside out. I am going to continue reading the Doyle books and get an deeper understanding of the concepts before starting serious studies for switch.
So yes, you can pass the CCNP Route exam with no real world experience(I'm graduating what's equivalent to highschool next week), without using braindumps.
Any questions, shoot!
Ps. I'm aware I will recieve critique for this, however it's worth mentioning I am continuing with uni after the summer. I am simply doing this out of pure enjoyment, not to get a job.

Comments

• Options
    kaytauruskaytaurus Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Great work! You're investing in your future big time with all that studying. Just keep doing ospf/eigrp/redistribution/bgp labs here and there while in switch so it stays fresh.
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great work! Good luck with your studies.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats, keep on learning!
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Very impressive! Congrats! Keep on going! You are going to be on a very advanced level compared to people your age just getting into the IT field.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi