Anyone heard of Loft Resumes?

petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
Most of their stuff looks too garish for IT posts, but some of these are subtle enough that they'd probably pass muster.

Loft Resumes
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
--Will Rogers

Comments

• IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I haven't heard of them, but the resumes look more like newsletter than something you'd turn into an employer. I had a very simply formatted resume for years that I used but recently I decided to give WGU's optimal resume a try (it's free) and I liked how the format turned out. Here's the link if you want to give it a shot: https://wgu.optimalresume.com/index.php
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    wth - really ? Stylish maybe, suitable ? Doubt it ..

And unless you can actually design them yourself surely it looks stupid if they ask you to do something similar and all you know is how to start mspaint.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    I've actually been using WGU's Optimal Resume. It's been extremely helpful for certain roles, slightly less so for others.

As far as the resume looking like you should be able to design it-- that's an interesting notion. I think a lot of hiring managers (and more so, HR folk) are keen to the notion of people using resume services.

My biggest thought when seeing the Loft Resumes stuff was that it would appeal to HR/hiring people who are keen on visuals (that's the positive take-- the more cynical take is that these resumes would appeal to in-duh-viduals who wouldn't know a word processor from a coffee machine).
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • swildswild Member Posts: 828
    petedude wrote: »
    ...the more cynical take is that these resumes would appeal to in-duh-viduals who wouldn't know a word processor from a coffee machine).

Exactly what I was thinking. I took a couple of graphic design courses and in one we had to design a resume from scratch using InDesign. I used that format for years. I recently switched to a format with a consolidated qualifications and skills section at the top and a concise list of employers, dates and job titles at the bottom. So far I haven't seen anything I would rather be using. It makes it very easy to adapt the resume for the position you are applying to since you only have to think about the things you know instead of job duties at each job that would be applicable.