Network Engineer position Help!

GimmynoGimmyno Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

Yesterday I had phone screen interview for a network engineer position and I thought I went bad But today they called me back for a face to face interview next week.Now, I'm the classic shy guy who is super nervous during a job interview, this cost me a lot in the past as I can't think clearly during those moments, I blew up lots of interviews because of this , which is quite sad because I am very passionate about what I do and I know my stuff.I been in the industry for a while now working as System eng and System admin but I'd like to move into networking and this job seems really a good chance...do you guys have any tips for the interview? Share your thoughts and past experiences ;)

Comments

• AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    I would say try to get as much practice as possible. Look for places that are willing to do mock interviews or just try to interview for as many positions as you can. It does get easier.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Just try to stay relaxed and be confident in what you know. Don't try to BS them, if you don't know something just say so. What I've noticed while interviewing people is they tend to get off track and nervous when they try to talk about things they do not completely understand. Most of all just be yourself.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • nethackernethacker Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just try to stay relaxed and be confident in what you know. Don't try to BS them, if you don't know something just say so. What I've noticed while interviewing people is they tend to get off track and nervous when they try to talk about things they do not completely understand. Most of all just be yourself.
    seconded
    JNCIE | CCIE | GCED
  • MrBishopMrBishop Member Posts: 229
    The best advice I can give you is to practice the most common interview questions and write down your answers. I believe this will give you a good starting point when going into an interview so you're not looking like a deer in headlights. I had my moments where I would ramble on or couldn't answer a question. I just recently put together a list of questions that I feel will help me in the interview process. So go out and search the web for the most common interview questions and take the time to answer them. I would also recommend adding questions that you couldn't answer in the past!
    Degrees
    M.S. Internet Engineering | M.S. Information Assurance
    B.S. Information Technology | A.A.S Information Technology
    Certificaions
    Currently pursuing: CCIE R&Sv5
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    That's right happy, it's all in the hips.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2