Options

CISSP exam moving to computer based - is the wrong move

flatworldflatworld Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
Simply put;

It'll lead to malicious intent users around the world attempting screengrabs with micro/embedded cameras, and selling the questions to websites. This will lead to brain ****; thus leading to a de-valued and watered down certification.

The wait time complaints over the years; may have lead to this...who knows.
Hopefully this decision was preceeded by a length and drawn out discussion amongst individuals within ISC2 that have the power to implement policies to create a secure environment so screen grabs wil become impossible.

I'm really hoping this isn't the beginning vector for a devalued certification.

Or as a few others on different sites have said(Tin Foil hat) time, this is intended strategically by ISC2 , to indiretly facilitate the move to CAP as the new standard(800-53 series/FIPS199)
Next up: OSCP

Comments

• Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    one big deterrent to braindumping is the size of the question pool. if it only has a pool of a few hundred questions, people can memorize it with ease, but if they draw from thousands and thousands of questions that are constantly being retired then theres a snowballs chance of memorization
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    MstavridisMstavridis Member Posts: 107
    The cert is not devalued because of brain dumping, employers aren't stupid. They will look at a dumper (lol) and see he/she has NO knowledge. A certification in regards to getting a job is just a foot in the door, if you **** the exams that foot will end up in your mouth.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Yes and no. braindumpers are usually easy to pick out in technical exams but the cissp isnt a technical exam. its a security management exam thats a mile wide and an inch deep. i doubt many people would know what kind of questions to ask in an interview to verify a cissp knows the cbk. its one of the most misunderstood certifications out there
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    MstavridisMstavridis Member Posts: 107
    That's not good.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The traditional test method made the exam less accessible for test takers. I remember when I had to take it after I failed I ended up waiting several months because it was not offered around my area.
  • Options
    TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    I don't see it being a problem at all, everything in life is a risk, trust me they have evaluated this thoroughly! Its been proven that college graduates with zero experience in the field read the CISSP related book, walk in and took the CISSP PBT and passed on the first try. Like the others mentioned before, work experience will validate your credential, and its just a credential that is first a DOD requirement and another to get your foot in the door or a foot in the mouth like my fellow poster finely stated. I also know people who didn't meet the require years of experience but somehow they are CISSP certified.
    Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    Well the current method is not fun. I was lucky enough to live near a test site for my most previous attempt but I saw guys that came down from canada (I'm in seattle) and had to stay in a hotel. Imagine doing that 2 or 3 times if there are failed attempts. Waitin 4-6 weeks is no fun either. CBT is more accessible but by no means is easier.
This discussion has been closed.