Options

New Horizon Drops Vue Vouchers Testing

Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
I called New Horizon Learning Center to set a date for the Security + Exam. (I like testing at New Horizon). They indicated to me that they are no longer accepting VUE vouchers anymore for testing. According to one of the NH management team the are feeling the short end of the stick with this 2ND Free Shot offer. They say they are loosing money nationwide because of the offer by M$. So once M$ reactivated it this month NH dropped vue testing vouchers.

They indicated they are only accepting Prometric testing vouchers.
"The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

Comments

• Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A lot of the people I talk to say that a testing center does not make much money on offering certification tests. Seems like that is becoming more apparent. Since I started taking Certification tests last year, 3 of the 4 testing centers I have been to have closed. icon_mad.gif
  • Options
    I think these tester center cant accredit the lose of money to people not taking there training courses. I know that many New Horizon Learning Center are suffering for attendance in there training classes. Everytime I go to take an exam there offering me those courses they are giving. I am like no thanks, I train at home for FREE.

Guess I will have to find a new place to take my cert exams!
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Am I the only one confused?

They are only accepting Prometric vouchers now because they were losing money due to the Microsoft's 2nd shot offer through VUE.

To my knowledge, Prometric has the same offer.

How are they not still losing money, if in fact their reason was valid?
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The reason they are losing money is because a majority of their classes are crap and people don't learn what they need to. The word is getting out, these places are being seen for what a lot of them are ... Greedy.

Don't get me wrong. There are some people in these places that teach a fine course and do the job right .. problem is the bad far outweigh the good as far as instructor quality goes.

And /usr is right, Prometric has the same offer going. I would have to be confused as well.
  • Options
    Well I have always purchased VUE pre-paid test vouchers from online. Anyway when I called they indicated that they no longer accepted VUE vouchers so I would have to purchase a Prometric Voucher from them. I was like NO thank you!!

They stated that they were losing money administrating test.
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    They may be, but to use that as a reason for switching to Prometric doesn't make sense.