Rayburn Box! - Thanks

KeenerKeener Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
I just wanted to say thank you to Darril. I have been using your book as a resource in preparing for the Security+ and have enjoyed reading it. I am also using Test Out Lab Sim as a resource. Your book and the videos compliment each other pretty well.

I also wanted to thank you specifically for the Rayburn Box example in regards to encryption, digital certificates, etc. I was having some issues wrapping my head around understanding the key exchange and keeping everything straight once it clicked. This example greatly helped in helping remember it correctly!

Thank You! icon_thumright.gif
Pain is only temporary. No matter how bad it gets, it always ends!

Comments

• DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Glad to hear it helped. I've used the Rayburn box many times over the years in the classroom and it's helped these concepts click for many people.

Good luck on the exam.
  • levatatinggoldfishlevatatinggoldfish Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Rayburn Box helped me as well. I would like to check the book out, im wondering if it will help me understand topics better than the SECURITY+ GUIDE TO NETWORK SECURITY FUNDAMENTALS book that im using now.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    The Sybex text is very good and one I have recommended for years as a great resource for Sec+ their verison for Net+. I've not read the book you list, however the reviews seem mixed. Without a copy, I cannot comment on it.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Shuaib2016Shuaib2016 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great book! the funny part is, once i started reading the "Rayburn Box" part, I instantly started googling it to see it and might buy me one! It turned out to be just a great method to explain some complex topic bowing.gifbowing.gifbowing.gif hahahah. Thank you Mr.Darril :D