WGU - MSISA Certification Transfer Question

Shaun_LMShaun_LM Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
After trolling techexams for a few months now, I've finally decided to join and start asking around...

This question is for anyone who is currently a student or has first hand experience. In the MSISA degree only, do the certifications transfer in and "complete" the particular course they are assigned to? Example, if I have a CCNA already, does it complete COV2 (which requires ICND1)? icon_confused.gif:

Do any other certifications transfer in and satisfy requirements in any other courses?

I've been looking around the site and I didn't see anyone answer anything similar for the Masters... Also, I've tried emailing the enrollment counselor I was assigned when I filled out the generic info form on the web page. But I haven't gotten any real answer back, only an automated reply...

Comments

• ValsacarValsacar Member Posts: 336
    Yes, if you have CCNA then COV2 is completed (degree plan will show "Requirements Satisfied"). The same holds true for the other certifications in the program, CEH, CHFI, and G27000.

I did the CCNA before going because my job would pay for it. Other than that, I would say just do the certs in the program. It took me maybe a week to go through the CEH stuff I needed, pass all the little pre-tests, and then I had the voucher. That's the class, study material, practice tests, get voucher, pass exam.
    WGU MS:ISA Progress:
    Required: NOTHING!!!!!
    Current Course: NONE

Completed: COV2, LKT2, LOT2, FNV2, VUT2, JFT2, TFT2, JIT2, FYT2, FMV2, FXT2, FYV2, LQT2
    Started 01 May 2012, Degree awarded 29 Oct 2013