A few positive notes on Robert Half...

bugzy3188bugzy3188 Member Posts: 213 ■■■□□□□□□□
I went in to Robert Half Technology today for a meet and greet with one of their recruiters today, an all to familiar occurrence as of late. There were a few perks however just for me coming in for the meet and greet. First off, they have standards tests based off of the A+ exam and a Windows XP exam, they are a bit dated but I thought it was kind of nice, a chance for a lowly certified or non certified individual to show what they know. They also gave me access to some training material that covers a wide variety of topics and exams, none are extremely detailed but all and all its a pretty handy tool. It will be a week or so before I can even expect results as far as employment, but even the resources alone will be worth my visit today...has anyone else had experience with this organization?
If you havin frame problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a switch ain't one

Comments

• ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    I've had friends use Robert Half and they've mostly said good things. I was told to make sure the recruiter that you work with truly understands what it is you're looking for because if they dont, they'll just try and place you wherever they can find you work...unless that's what you're looking for! But yeah, I've heard very good things about Robert Half.
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA
  • bugzy3188bugzy3188 Member Posts: 213 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I recieved an e-mail that I didn't read until after the first post that makes me wonder however. The e-mail basically advised me to stop turning resumes directly in to companies and ONLY request that Robert Half apply for me. It stated that when I turn in a resume directly, it goes to the HR department where as Robert Half will send it straight to the hiring manager. It also stated that if I were to turn in an e-mail to a company directly AND have one turned by RH on my behalf, it would have a negative effect on me. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

@ChickenNuggetz +1 thanks for the info...
    If you havin frame problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a switch ain't one
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    That sounds like normal temp agency stuff. They make money off of billing a higher hourly rate to the company and then, if the company decides to keep you on permanently, charging a large fee for your contract. This isn't anything out of the ordinary. This is how they make money and stay in business. If you choose to apply to a job being advertised somewhere away from Robert Half, apply normally. If you see a job posting on Robert Half's site, apply through Robert Half.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • nhprnhpr Member Posts: 165
    They're telling you to only use them for resumes to make sure that they don't get cut out of the deal. They make money by placing you -- which comes out of what the company would have paid you. It's naturally in their best interest to have you think that you should only apply to companies via them.

The only experience I've had with them was telling a recruiter that I wasn't interested. As soon as I said that, he just hung up. No "thank you for your time" or even "bye." Just *click*.