Options

Scheduled ICND2

elderkaielderkai Member Posts: 279
Passed the ICND1 with a 912 confidently with little sweat, but I'm starting to get nervous for the ICND2 which is on Monday. I feel comfortable configuring and troubleshooting, but a lot of the ICND1 included knowing certain facts and such. Are there a lot of those for the ICND2(more than I know) or is it mainly the troubleshooting/example/labs? Am I just overthinking it?

Also, if possible, could someone recommend what I should lab before Monday afternoon? I have four switches and use GNS3. That'd be reaally helpful.

Comments

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The ICND2 covers things more in detail. I suggest going over a lot of labs and subnetting before taking the test.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    Subnetting is like second nature. Any other things that I might want to have down/lab?
  • Options
    Woohoo! Passed with an 888.
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    I'm scheduled for the 14th! I've been stuck on freaking STP for like 3 days now, but I think i'm finally getting it. Going to have a lot of long, sleepless, stimulant-fueled nights ahead.

edit: just noticed you passed. congrats!

any advice?
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    luberguilarteluberguilarte Member Posts: 112
    Darthn3ss , my brother we are riding the same bout , so far STP is been the worst for me to sticky in my head , I don't know why. The other subjects are pretty much logically easy to process , but STP I don't even know if there is an actual configuration to get it work( looping , not the port fast ) because it looks that it will configure by default, can you tell me what's your understanding of STP so far?
    Thanks
  • Options
    For STP, I just watched Chris Bryant's videos on it and took notes and rewatched the visual explanations. There's no real configuration unless you want to force an election for a certain VLAN(or all of them) or change to RSTP, portfast, etc.