Tech Support Rep Interview

LauZaIMLauZaIM Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I just went in and took a 3 part test for a Tech Support position and passed it pretty easily and received a call to set up an interview next week. Does anybody have any tips and sample questions that might be asked for this type of position?

Comments

• healthyboyhealthyboy Banned Posts: 118 ■■□□□□□□□□
    could you please post a brief description of the role
  • LauZaIMLauZaIM Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    nstalls computer software products, modifies/repairs hardware and resolves technical difficulties.
  • MstavridisMstavridis Member Posts: 107
    They will ask you about YOU, they want to know your customer service skills and will also judge you in how you interact with them. You need to show you are giving them your attention. Respond in a nice but firm and straight forward way. No maybe's or sort of answers. Don't say I am kinda of good at something, your either good and bad at it, (well you could be average). But don't BS and be firm with the interviewer. If you can try to show your interest by hi-jacking the interview and asking them a multitude of questions about the job.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Bring your soft skills and charm. :) It sounds like you actually passed the "technical" part by taking the test so now they want to evaluate your people skills. I've met some people in the IT industry who were BRILLIANT but couldn't interact with people on any level.

A lot of these tech support interviews tend to orient around your people skills and your ability to solve problems. They'll ask you things like "Tell me about a time where you had a difficult customer. How did you handle it?" or "Tell me about a time where you couldn't solve the problem on your own. How did you handle the issue?" or "If you get a difficult client, how do you handle them?" I could never remember my phone customers so I always had a made up generic conflict/resolution story to give interviewers.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com