What do you guys recommend for ICDN1??

DeemeetriDeemeetri Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone, what study material do you guys recommend to get a soild knowledge for the ICDN1 in order to pass the exam... I am currently reading Todd Lammle's book but I don't know where to go after I finish it...I know labbing is a good idea but I'm completely lost on where to find the labs... from your exp guys what material gave you the most success and gave you a solid understanding of the material for passing ICND1??

Comments

• MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used Todd Lammle's ICND1 book. I also have the CCNA book that I broke down into sections. I believe that using Todd's ICND1 book will be more enough for you to pass.

Outside of the book I'd lab anything you can, use Packet Tracer or real equipment to do that.

For subnetting you can use subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online to practice - this helped me and a lot of people on here.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    The Wendell Odom books were the BEST for me. They are the official CCNA books and you can buy both the ICDN1 and ICDN2 books for $36 total: Amazon.com: CCNA 640-802 Official Cert Library, Updated (3rd Edition) (978158720438icon_cool.gif: Wendell Odom: Books
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • DeemeetriDeemeetri Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thank you for the responses :) would you recommend live equipment or packet tracer?
  • sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    I'm reading Todd Lammle's CCNA book. I also ordered his CCENT book but it looks like I won't need it.
    Here is another book that I'm planning to read after - Cisco CCNA Simplified: Workbook and Lab Guide: Paul Browning: Amazon.com: Kindle Store
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I used Odom's book and Bosons network simulator(awesome study material). I've never used packet tracer, so I can't comment on that.
  • ToddBToddB Member Posts: 149
    I thought Chris Bryant was information very good, Get a real equipment, rack rental or a real good simulator. I used ciscopress ccna network simulator, many labs broken up into ICND1 and 2 I think about 100-150 labs in each.
    :thumbup:

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."
  • SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    Todd Lammle for book and Jeremy Cioara for CBT.
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • DeemeetriDeemeetri Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hmm would you guys recommend the Boson network simulator, they say it comes with a lot of labs to practice and the simulator is great...
  • SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    Deemeetri wrote: »
    Hmm would you guys recommend the Boson network simulator, they say it comes with a lot of labs to practice and the simulator is great...

you'd be better off getting a cheap 2610 on ebay or craigslist or using GNS3 and Packet Tracer. i tend to recommend not using simulators, but others seem to like them. money better spent elsewhere.
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just passed the ICND1 yesterday, and used the Todd Lammle, INE.com CCNA videos, and my home lab.
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • sizeonsizeon Member Posts: 321
    The Sybex book already contains all the labs and questions you need.