Cyber Security Career Path

KimMartinitoKimMartinito Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi! I'm Kim from the Philippines. I'm currently pursuing my degree in Bachelor of Science in Computer Science @ Cavite State University here in the Philippines. I'm here to ask for help on how to start my cyber security career after i finished my degree and what certifications should i take first. Based on my personal research i would like to follow the Network Security path by gaining the entry level certification which is CCENT up to the Expert level which is CCIE Security certification. I hope you could give me a detailed explanation and guide, thanks.

Comments

• jasong318jasong318 Member Posts: 102
    Hey Kim, I wouldn't necessarily recommend following the Cisco Security cert path if your interest is in 'Cyber Security'. Don't get me wrong, the CCIE Security (I'm currently studying for it btw) is well-respected, extremely technical, teaches alot about network security, etc. but it is very vendor specific and focuses on a very small part of information security as a whole. Try looking at some master's program that focus on cyber security, those will give you a better idea of what encompasses a well-rounded cyber security program. Also, try searching for 'cyber security' on job posting sites like dice.com to get an idea of what employeers are looking for a potential candidates to possess in the way of education, experience, and certifications. Good luck in your studies!

*edit: I accidently a word.