lan incremental implementation

tringlaridotringlarido Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I'm dealing with the implementation questions in common section :

example :

When you create a network implementation VLAN solution, what is one procedure that you should include in your plan? *

A. Perform an incremental implementation of components.

about the network/ vlan/ security implementation/ verification best pracitces, the ccnp material I have is very short on this matter. I don't find good explanation about the vlan incremental implementation.

What is the a vlan incremental implementation ? Do you have any good links about this ?

thanks
tringlarido

Comments

• 7of97of9 Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In practical matters, I would say this refers to the idea that you don't want to make too many changes to a network at any single change window. This way, if you come in the next day and something suddenly doesn't work, you have a better idea of what exactly changed to cause it not to work and where to begin troubleshooting. If you're making a major migration on a network, it's usually best to break it up into steps and then schedule those out with at least a couple of days between each phase to allow yourself some time to address any issues as well as minimize the amount of drastic change in the network environment in any given time.

Of course, there are times when that simply isn't possible, but it definitely helps reduce stress when it is. ;)
    Working on Security+ study, then going back to re-do my Cisco Certs, in between dodging moose and riding my Harley
  • tringlaridotringlarido Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□