Options

Can we have programming certification section here too?

Just wondering.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Just place any questions in the "General Certification" forum for any certification without a proper category. If there is enough traffic/interest then possibly a new section can be looked into but that is up to Webmaster.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    What certifications did you have in mind?
  • Options
    chopstickschopsticks Member Posts: 389
    @the_hutch, not in any particular one at present, but I am picking up C# with some beginner books. Just thought that it may be also good to have programming discussion forum in here too. :)
  • Options
    the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    The reason I ask is because there is a lot of programming certifications covered here, but they are distributed across several different specific platforms as developer certifications. To be honest, I can't think of very many that aren't covered in these forums. Check MCSD (Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer) for C#...
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    There are some, if you count the Java certification forums. . .
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    crashdumpcrashdump Banned Posts: 134
    +1 for programming subforum.

there a lots of dev certs. Programming and Developer Certifications: Programming & Developer Certifications (only most well knowns)
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    I, for one, would love to see more software development certification discussions at TE, but programming certs have never been very popular on a large scale like many other well-known IT certs. TE already has Java and Microsoft software developer forums. Other programming certs, such as Python and secure coding, will have their own forums only if there is the long-term posting traffic to warrant it. Until that day, the General Certifications and Security Certifications forums will have to do for the occasional programmer's certification topic.