Options

3rd Time's the Charm!

Passed 270 today with 833. I was very confident heading into the exam. Read through parts of MS Press on the topics that I was not comfortable with for the retry. I have to say 270 was the hardest in my cert path so far. I studied for a little over a month total and failed it twice. As a comparison, I studied A+ for 3 weeks and passed both exams in one day and the Network+ took me two weeks (20 hours/week avg). I'll start on the 290 next week and I'm expecting to write the exam sometime next month.

Comments

• Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
  • Options
    3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    Nice one dude! Im taking mine in 3 weeks time, i only have about 2-3hrs a night to study too icon_sad.gif hoping to pass first time!
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    Congrats...
    What next?
  • Options
    Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Congrats on passing.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • Options
    princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    Congrat icon_thumright.gif
    Knowledge is life
  • Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Hey Starter! Excellent Job! I am very happy for you and wish you the best on 290. I will be right behind you. Thank again for the advice from before as well. Take care and congrats! :D
  • Options
    StarterStarter Member Posts: 169
    Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Starter! :D
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    Congratz! may I ask what is your experience in IT/ or any? Just want to see so I could assess myself; I'm taking this test soon. What next for you, 70-290? That's going to be even tougher, I've heard. GoodLuck
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki
  • Options
    StarterStarter Member Posts: 169
    zenboy wrote:
    Congratz! may I ask what is your experience in IT/ or any? Just want to see so I could assess myself; I'm taking this test soon.

I do techsupport for an ISP. Not bad of a job; the only thing is that I don't get much hands on experience. I didn't have any WORKING knowledge of XP but setting up a lab at home helped a lot.