issue with owa

SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
Anyone have a solution for this issue? We have computers in our environment where we use OWA. come of the computers will not let users download attachments from their owa accounts. Because it only happens to some computers, we dont think its a network issue, possibly a local policy or configuration issue. I did a search, but the suggestions didnt work. ideas?

Comments

• ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    I would start with checking to see if there is a popup blocker getting in the way on those PCs and, if not, look for any OWA policies that block access to attachments for those users.
  • QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Do they get a specific error message when they try to download an attachment? Are they using OWA "Light"?
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Qord wrote: »
    Do they get a specific error message when they try to download an attachment? Are they using OWA "Light"?
    +1 for this. Most of our users have a problem when using OWA light, or when they've checked the "use outlook for people with limited eyesight".
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • TackleTackle Member Posts: 534
    I don't know if it makes a difference, but maybe making sure they're checking "private" computer instead of "public"
  • awitt11awitt11 Member Posts: 50 ■□□□□□□□□□
    what type of attachment? I know that *.mht will not dl/open.
  • netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There are many attachment types that are blocked by owa, you did not specify the exchange version, this is for 2003 Outlook Web Access - Configure Attachment Blocking
  • w00tw00t Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I ran into that problem before. Have you added the OWA URL to the trusted sites in IE?
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    How do I tell if it is OWA Light?

I dont have the specific error message, but I know it claims it is blocked by policy.

We (local or System Admins) cant add anything to the trusted sites, appears to be locked in the image.

How do I check owa policies?

And by "private computer" do you mean network?
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When you get to the login page there will be a checkbox "Use the light version of Outlook Web App".
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    SephStorm wrote: »
    How do I tell if it is OWA Light?

I dont have the specific error message, but I know it claims it is blocked by policy.

We (local or System Admins) cant add anything to the trusted sites, appears to be locked in the image.

How do I check owa policies?

And by "private computer" do you mean network?

At the OWA page there is an option to select that it's a private computer.

owa.jpg 16.8K
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    SephStorm wrote: »

That tells me it's either Group Policy or a local policy on the machine. The way to check this for sure would be to take a known-good user (someone whose downloads work normally) and have them try it on the problem machine. If it still gets blocked, it's definitely a policy issue.
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    While I know some users get that login page, when I login, I just get a traditional windows login prompt. At the current time, we are planning to re-image all of the machines to fix this and other issues. But We would still like to have a resolution on file.

what group/local policy might be blocking it? I looked through the machine and user policies, didnt see anything being enforced that would block file extensions or downloads.
  • awitt11awitt11 Member Posts: 50 ■□□□□□□□□□
    In Exchange Management Console, under Client Access, owa ->properties, you can select what is allowed/blocked for public and private connections. are you sure your user is selecting private computer? I still have issues with mine forgetting, then calling me when they can't open a word doc or the picture didn't load. icon_rolleyes.gif