Options

Windows Azure to Host Linux VMs

ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
Will someone in Hell please check the thermostat? (It's probably right next to you folks on the helpdesk)
Announcing New Windows Azure Services to Deliver

Seriously though, the ability to migrate on-prem VM VHDs to the cloud or span an application between on-prem and the cloud is pretty cool.

Comments

• Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    I am looking forward to the better Linux support that Server 2012 claims to have. I tried loading the integration drivers in red hat on my Hyper-V server, sent the guest into unrecoverable kernel panic.
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Call me late to the party, but I took a real look at the MS Azure page for the first time, and I was shocked how much M$ has been willing to promote use of their services for FOSS apps/platforms. I nearly fell over when I saw Ubuntu listed.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think Microsoft realized it's better to support more third parties properly to make money where they can rather than try to make people switch completely.
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    I know it's an old thread...but who's working with Azure? how's hosting Linux using Microsoft working out? is it stable?

sorry if it's a noob question, I'm just curious.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I have a few linux VMs in the Azure cloud and nothing "major" in terms of problems, but I will say that all of the integration tools and really cool features for Azure and still heavily centered around M$ related technologies. They may be embracing FOSS and Linux, but M$ will always be M$
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    cheers man
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com