Options

straighter line

Has anyone taken a course there how is it easy, hard?

Comments

• Options
    Gabriele_SGabriele_S Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took two English classes there and was able to finish both in about 3 weeks total (worked maybe 30 hours a course). It's mainly multiple choice timed quizzes with some essays you write. I submitted the exams to a third-party website that did the grading, and you don't really interact with anybody during the course. I have heard though that there's an option now that has more interaction with classmates and an instructor. Many of the other courses tend to have online proctored exams and are completely made up of multiple choice quizzes over a whole textbook. Overall, I didn't find the courses too difficult, and you can't really beat the price, especially if you go for the monthly plan. My brick-and-mortar college accepted the credits fine.
  • Options
    kemar1014kemar1014 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I want to head there Jan 2013 and would like some advice on those two Ecourses and the Biology courses.
  • Options
    StraighterLineStraighterLine Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    kemar1014 wrote: »
    I want to head there Jan 2013 and would like some advice on those two Ecourses and the Biology courses.

Any StraighterLine alumni able to give kemar1014 some advice?
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I've thought about finishing off some Math classes through Straighterline, but I have some concerns about how much support/help I would receive from them. It's a weak area for me and I don't really have the right hours to take the classes at my local tech/community college.
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I just signed up with them last week, got my books in over the weekend so Ill be starting a few classes with them. My email contacts back and forth have been speedy and I have gotten the information I needed. I have talked to a few B&M schools that have no idea they exist, and said I would have to petition to have the credits accepted. Others said sure, we take them! So it all depends on the school you wish to have them transferred to. StraighterLine has a whole list of schools who take them with no question, and others that have taken some in the past. Looks like WGU takes them.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Bokeh wrote: »
    I just signed up with them last week, got my books in over the weekend so Ill be starting a few classes with them. My email contacts back and forth have been speedy and I have gotten the information I needed. I have talked to a few B&M schools that have no idea they exist, and said I would have to petition to have the credits accepted. Others said sure, we take them! So it all depends on the school you wish to have them transferred to. StraighterLine has a whole list of schools who take them with no question, and others that have taken some in the past. Looks like WGU takes them.

What classes are you taking?
  • Options
    jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've thought about finishing off some Math classes through Straighterline, but I have some concerns about how much support/help I would receive from them. It's a weak area for me and I don't really have the right hours to take the classes at my local tech/community college.

Take your math via ALEKS ALEKS -- Assessment and Learning, K-12, Higher Education, Automated Tutor, Math then have ACE The American Council on Education transcribe your score from ALEKS.