Options

successfull stories with ccna and no experience

luberguilarteluberguilarte Member Posts: 112
Hi guys , I always see negative thread about ccna without experience , I wonder if any one have a different story to tell , so, we the new born can take that as a soul lift .icon_thumright.gif
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    CCNA helped me get my first job and I didn't have any experience in anything, but I was willing to start at the bottom.
  • Options
    smoothdude11smoothdude11 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It probably depends on where you live. In North Carolina there is currently a need for people with networking skills. I do know of quite a few people who managed to get jobs with a CCNA even without experience.
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've got CCNA with no experience and where I work, they are giving me small task to get experience. They gave me a project just yesterday to configure a clean switch to deploy on the network (of course after they've looked over my configuration). Really great!
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Wow!!! That is great!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    astrogeekastrogeek Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I didn't even have my CCNA when I got hired, I was still finishing up the CCNA academy course and unemployed with no prior IT experience or certifications. I was interning and shortly after it ended someone left the company and they needed to fill the position. That's why you might notice in some of my other posts I highly recommend internships ;)
  • Options
    GOZCUGOZCU Member Posts: 234
    Well, I got my CCNA and then I was hired at my first interview. I am still working for the same company (almost 2 months). Dealing with VPN, to DMZ, almost everything including IDS logs or Dell iDRAC 6 configuration...
  • Options
    luberguilarteluberguilarte Member Posts: 112
    Great , the reason I started this thread is because people like me (new born) just see so many senior guys telling us how hard it is and we would like to see some positive stories too , motivation is a hugeeeee part of our learning process , thanks all of you that have succeed already , congratulations.
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    Great thread!
    Would like to read more about people landing that job with CCNA.
    meh
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I think the thing is to keep your expectations in line with reality. I see a lot of people that think they should be able to get a job managing a Cisco network right after they finish their CCNA. The CCNA will absolutely help you in getting a job, but again keeping realistic expectations is key.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    I got moved onto the network team ( was on desk side) while I only had my CCENT...but I had also been staying after and coming in on weekends for no pay with the network dudes to get experience and get my face in there. SO when they needed more help on that team my ugly mug was the first one they thought of .Been rocking and rolling in Cisco ever since...changed my life and income!
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    Jas21Jas21 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    VAHokie56 wrote: »
    I got moved onto the network team ( was on desk side) while I only had my CCENT...but I had also been staying after and coming in on weekends for no pay with the network dudes to get experience and get my face in there. SO when they needed more help on that team my ugly mug was the first one they thought of .Been rocking and rolling in Cisco ever since...changed my life and income!

that's the way to do it - a little willing goes a long way

well done and good luck all!
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I got my first IT job with CCNA & Sec+. Took about 3 months of searching. Really lucked out. Small company needed someone cheap to look after their IT infrastructure.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    THA_DOCTHA_DOC Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It probably depends on where you live. In North Carolina there is currently a need for people with networking skills. I do know of quite a few people who managed to get jobs with a CCNA even without experience.

I have been watching the Charlotte NC job market, I do see a few entry level position. So your insight does offer so incouragement.
    I believe is bleak and to be fair no one wants put someone in position in which they will be over whelmed with. So we may have look at it from the potential employers view as well.
    An Open Mind, Working to Get IT!:cheers:

DOC
  • Options
    HackedAliasHackedAlias Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was hired with very little experience and no CCNA, one of the hiring requirements they asked of me was to have my CCNA in 6 months. Best thing about it was getting thrown right into the fire at the beginning so the experience piled on between remote support and projects that they sent me on. Now almost a year later I'm CCNP working toward more. IMO I think adaptability and eagerness to learn out weighed having a cert and has paid off in the end.