Options

Interview soon, suggestions?

JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have an interview soon for a network technician position with the company I work for.

Ive completed all Cisco academy courses last year and have two certificates of completion. The other two I don't have due to the teacher being lazy and not submitting for them.

Is it a good idea to go into an interview with my degree and certificates at hand?

If I find any major projects I did should I bring them?

Bring everything in a nice folder.

Comments

• Options
    prtechprtech Member Posts: 163
    It doesn't hurt to bring them, but I doubt they'll even care. They'll be more concerned on how you answer their technical questions.

Have you been studying? If it's been a year since you've passed the Cisco classes, why haven't you taken the CCNA yet?
    If at first you do succeed, try something harder.
  • Options
    JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My last class ended in January.

I struggle with the cable types and my financial situation doesn't allow me to take the exam.

I have the cbt nuggets and I've been watching it and have money set aside for the test now.

Got the nuggets from my dad. The army supplied him with it
  • Options
    matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I really dont think that is necessarily, you can simple talk about them. I would talk about the stuff you have learned from them and everything else but anything beyond that is just a burden
    Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP
  • Options
    prtechprtech Member Posts: 163
    Jasiono wrote: »
    My last class ended in January.

I struggle with the cable types and my financial situation doesn't allow me to take the exam.

I have the cbt nuggets and I've been watching it and have money set aside for the test now.

Got the nuggets from my dad. The army supplied him with it
    Did you get the voucher after you finished the 4th class? I think it takes off 60% from the price. I paid $100 for my exam back when it was still $250.
    If at first you do succeed, try something harder.