Options

Career Change Advise

j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
Hey guys, I am trying to transition careers at the moment and am hoping for some advise. I have been working in the Film/Television/Music industry as an Audio Engineer. I am growing very tired of it and have begun my transition. I passed both of my A+ tests last week, and have begun studying for the Network+, which I hope to take within a month.

Although I don't have any "IT" experience, I have been working in a very technical field. I have applied for 12+ jobs (desktop support) over the last week and have not received a word back on any of them. I feel I am totally qualified even though I don't have the experience required. I have attached my resume, and would love to hear some thoughts about it.

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85839416/Jan%20Petrov%20Resume.pdf

Comments

• Options
    Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
    All's I could say is never give up and keep trying you'll get there in the end.

Good Luck
  • Options
    matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
    your resume looks OK.I suggest you look up a more technically resume. take out the image of the A+ cert
    add a certification section. there are tons of resumes on this site.. look around and I'm sure you can find something useful
    Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP
  • Options
    j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    Matt333, thanks for the advice. I figured since I only have one cert at the moment that I would use the image rather than create a section with only one cert in it. I've been looking at some of the other resumes on the forums, and have mostly found examples that have a bunch of IT experience, where as I don' have any.

I'll take another look around, and thanks for the advice.