Options

Anyone recommend a good free resume building site?

sizeonsizeon Member Posts: 321
I am trying to leave the "Help desk" world and get into networking but i think my major culprit is resume since it doesn't get a lot of views on job boards.

Comments

• Options
    Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Why not post what you got here? I'm willing to help.
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • Options
    sizeonsizeon Member Posts: 321
    I posted here before but here it is again.Network Admin.pdf
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    A resume is like a suit. It conveys an image of you. You can get either one easily but that doesn't mean it will fit you or represent you properly and accurately. Both must be customized so they can do their work efficiently.

Looking at your resume I see a common problem. Anyone who can read technical instructions or follow a blog can install, configure and manage almost any piece of hardware or software. Now, not everyone can deliver real value eier in the form of monetary savings or process improvements. This is where you can differentiate yourself from the other zillion techs out there. In that resume you must show how your solutions made a difference to your current and past employers.

So in a nutshell, your resume says "I'm one more in a sea of techs" when it should say "these are some of my biggest achievements that exemplify how I will bring value to whoever hires me".
  • Options
    spoonsslickspoonsslick Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    A resume is like a suit.

So in a nutshell, your resume says "I'm one more in a sea of techs" when it should say "these are some of my biggest achievements that exenmplify how I will bring value to whoever hires me".

Thats a good way to put it! I definitely have to update my resume to suit this model. Thank you cyberguypr!