Options

Just tried to Ask (ISC)2 about 5/20 Seattle CISSP Exam Results...

emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
For Anyone who is curious:

Dear emerald_octane,
Thank you for your inquiry.
Examination results will normally be released, via email, within four to six weeks of the examination date. Your exam has not yet been scored. Results WILL NOT be released over the phone.
If you should need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,
Melinda James

Comments

• Options
    DarthVaderDarthVader Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think it is rediculous that it takes them so long.
    I know they have tons of excuses, frankly I'm not sympathetic.

We can map the human genome but it takes them 6 weeks to score and report a simple scan-tron form. HORRIBLE!

Also, I love the short BS emails they reply back with.
  • Options
  • Options
    kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Both of you feel the same way we all did. Occasionally, people this year received their results in three weeks, but the norm has been 5-6 weeks. Late last year, people were three weeks from Oct-Dec. My guess, and purely a stab at the dark here, is that it's a combination of things:

They don't want a repeat of the Oct 2010 fiasco. Imagine getting a 'Congratulations, you passed e-mail followed three weeks later with a sadistic e-mail from ISC2 that said, 'OOOPS, we're sorry. You did not actually pass, as one of the businesses that we use to score the test made mistake or 10...or 100. Your ACTUAL score is 697,' or something god-awful. OTHER People who got the 'sorry, you failed exam letter...' conversely got an e-mail three weeks later telling them they passed!'

Would you want to be either one of those people? Not me...But I respect what ISC2 did, because they maintained and retained the integrity of the ttest in the eyes of the Inducstry who wants CISSP's and above.

My other thought is that ISC2 was re-tooling for the CBT going live in January 2012 in the Latin Americas, and in June 2012. People and business partners of ISC2 had to be either replaced or retrained, or both. While they don't employ a lot of people directly, they performed their business differently. I can only imagine the difficulty they now face in order to maintain the integrity and reputation that comes with being ISC2. You only have to look on Technet to see that there are a number of 'doubting thomas' out there who question whether or not they can keep those 'rogue overseas Pearson Testing Centers in line.
  • Options
    I hear you, especially having taken the test 3x (mucho respect LoL, I might give up after two). I don't mind being patient and do appreciate the dedication to accuracy but man it's annoying to see the wide swaths in differences between score times. Like what happened with iris in the other thread (all of her classmates received their results a week or two early).

I hope by the luck of the draw that my test wasn't put into the batch that is being graded on the international space station which will delay the results for an additional two years but at this point I wouldn't be surprised.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,029 Admin
    DarthVader wrote: »
    We can map the human genome but it takes them 6 weeks to score and report a simple scan-tron form. HORRIBLE!
    Running the exam sheet through a Scantron machine is only one of many steps that must be completed to get people their result. Just getting the exam sheets to the machine can take days or even weeks depending upon where the exams are given. Quality control and anti-fraud procedures also take time. And lets not forget that our exam is not the only one in the queue. There are many more exams waiting for processing ahead of yours.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    To be fair to ISC2, it did take 5 years to map the human genome. ;)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Running the exam sheet through a Scantron machine is only one of many steps that must be completed to get people their result. Just getting the exam sheets to the machine can take days or even weeks depending upon where the exams are given. Quality control and anti-fraud procedures also take time. And lets not forget that our exam is not the only one in the queue. There are many more exams waiting for processing ahead of yours.

I will be the first to admit that I am being impatient and probably turning this into a bigger thing than it needs to be. Regardless, I do think that even with all of the extinuating circumstances, 6 weeks is much longer than needed. I can understand 3 or maaaaybe 4 weeks. 6 weeks, no way, not buying it. Sorry for the griping ISC2

Please remember that at this point the only thing I can do to stop myself from going insane in vent on here. I'll stop eventually i promiseicon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Don't stress, Darth. It's way too early in the process to let yourself be psyched out. When I was waiting for my results, I put the results out of my mind for a good 4 weeks. It wasn't until everyone got their results in my training class EXCEPT me that I started really thinking about it. Another week went by and it was just agony at that point. I literally received my results 2 days before the 6 week deadline.

The point is: You most likely have a good 2-4 weeks of waiting ahead of you. Relax. Find your zen. Put it out of your mind for at least another 2 weeks or else you're just going to drive yourself nuts. Trust me, I've been there. I was an anxious headcase and I realize that it was a waste of energy. You cannot change how fast the results come or if your passed by tapping your foot. You know how they say "A watched pot never boils?" It'll be alright. Just do your job and work on other projects for another couple of weeks or else you'll be NUTS by the time you hit the 4 week date.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    Don't stress, Darth. It's way too early in the process to let yourself be psyched out. When I was waiting for my results, I put the results out of my mind for a good 4 weeks. It wasn't until everyone got their results in my training class EXCEPT me that I started really thinking about it. Another week went by and it was just agony at that point. I literally received my results 2 days before the 6 week deadline.

The point is: You most likely have a good 2-4 weeks of waiting ahead of you. Relax. Find your zen. Put it out of your mind for at least another 2 weeks or else you're just going to drive yourself nuts. Trust me, I've been there. I was an anxious headcase and I realize that it was a waste of energy. You cannot change how fast the results come or if your passed by tapping your foot. You know how they say "A watched pot never boils?" It'll be alright. Just do your job and work on other projects for another couple of weeks or else you'll be NUTS by the time you hit the 4 week date.

Thanks Iris. I'll really try to do that. Everything you are saying is completely true.
    By the way, Congrats on your Pass!
  • Options
    loneferretloneferret Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    DarthVader wrote: »
    ...Regardless, I do think that even with all of the extinuating circumstances, 6 weeks is much longer than needed. I can understand 3 or maaaaybe 4 weeks. 6 weeks, no way, not buying it. Sorry for the griping ISC2

I have to agree with you there. It does seem a lot to me as well. Either there procedures are so "strict" that it causes all these time delays, they are swamped to a point that it really does take that long... or they their staff is not as big as we think.

I guess in the end, nothing no one can do...
  • Options
    Me3Me3 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well Emerald, I just got my congratulations letter for the test you and I took in Seattle. Finally after 5 weeks and three days it came. chalk one up for another result coming in on Wed which is supposed to be the peak notice day of the week.
    Hope you did well .
  • Options
    Me3 wrote: »
    Well Emerald, I just got my congratulations letter for the test you and I took in Seattle. Finally after 5 weeks and three days it came. chalk one up for another result coming in on Wed which is supposed to be the peak notice day of the week.
    Hope you did well .

Wow congrats! In Seattle!!!! Great now i'm gonna sit and wonder which one you were LOL.

I actually passed! I posted my experience and what not in a separate thread: http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/79029-22-y-o-associate-isc-2-a.html
    NOT what I expected. I actually contemplating testing again but I started working on CCNA instead.

Any others you know from Seattle that passed?
  • Options
    I got my results from June 2nd I Passed too!!!
    It feels awesome
  • Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Me3 wrote: »
    Hope you did well .

icon_cheers.gif Congrats Me3! Welcome to the club!
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!