Options

WGU question

TurK-FXTurK-FX Member Posts: 174
I am thinking to go to WGU soon. I am graduating with Computer Engineering associated degree and i have computer programing associated from out of US.
My question is, should i take the certification my self then transfer them to WGU or go to WGU and take the certifications courses and take them thru WGU? I am not gonna go crazy and finish the school in one semester. i am thinking to finish it in a year. or year and a half. So it is better to pay for exams and study with my own pace? Take N+ S+ MCITP and CIsco, then go to WGU? Or i am about to get the A+ myself and i am studying CCNA thru CBT nugget videos so take the CCNA and rest thru WGU?
WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
Currently Studying -> CCNA security (Designing Customized Security & Security)

Comments

• Options
    kemar1014kemar1014 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think its best to get your resources and do them through WGU just for the free vouchers. Atleast thats what I am going to do
  • Options
    j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    I was also curious about this as well. I have an associates in audio production, and at some point may want to have a BS. I already have my a+ am studying for net+ which I will take next week, and then plan on getting a CCNA. Will it save time and money to do these certs on my own and then transfer the credits in. I am guessing if I knock out these certs out and transfer in my associates credits, I won't have that much left to do...
  • Options
    ValsacarValsacar Member Posts: 336
    WGU is going to provide you with resources and the voucher... why pay for it yourself? I did my CCNA before I started, but that's only because my company offered to pay for it (so it was still no extra out of my pocket).

Having a deadline is actually a good thing, it can be motivating. Plus, you can access the resources before you're actually taking the class, so you can study for the test before you even officially start those classes.
    WGU MS:ISA Progress:
    Required: NOTHING!!!!!
    Current Course: NONE

Completed: COV2, LKT2, LOT2, FNV2, VUT2, JFT2, TFT2, JIT2, FYT2, FMV2, FXT2, FYV2, LQT2
    Started 01 May 2012, Degree awarded 29 Oct 2013
  • Options
    TurK-FXTurK-FX Member Posts: 174
    Actually now it makes sense. Too bad i already paid and scheduled for the A+ essential. i will study for CCNA, Network+ security+ and take the test when i get the the vauchers from WGU
    WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
    What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
    Currently Studying -> CCNA security (Designing Customized Security & Security)
  • Options
    spoonsslickspoonsslick Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    kemar1014 wrote: »
    I think its best to get your resources and do them through WGU just for the free vouchers. Atleast thats what I am going to do

Great to hear they give free vouchers! Thank you for confirming this for me!