Options

need critique on resume! Any help would be great!

youngthegiantyoungthegiant Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I all the help i can get with my resume. I know my GPA is low and i am thinking about taking it out. Any suggestions?

imgur: the simple image sharer

Comments

• Options
    boredgameladboredgamelad Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would probably drop the GPA, but I've never applied for a job in a field where my GPA was important so I've never listed it. I think the overall format is fine, but make sure all your bullet points line up (the bullets under your second job aren't indented as far as the others).

The biggest problem you have is grammar and sentence structure. You switch tenses a lot and most of your sentences are overly wordy. They should be shorter and punchier; this gives them impact.

If you'd like some specific examples I'd be happy to help you out.
  • Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    Definitely take the GPA out. If you're interviewing for an IT job and get asked about it be sure to bring up that ME is more difficult than most IT degrees hence it's not really fair to use your GPA to compare you to others.

What kind of job are you applying for? -It seems a lot of the things you listed wouldn't be very relevant to most IT positions.
  • Options
    QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As others have said, take the GPA out. I also think you could do away with the interests and activities, keep the Cantonese but move it up into education(It would look silly down at the bottom all by itself I think).

The O'scope reference makes me want to think you are much older than you probably are. That's neither here nor there though.
  • Options
    youngthegiantyoungthegiant Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    here's what i edit it too.

http://i.imgur.com/mExUA.png

yeah my grammar is really bad. example would help!