Options

recruiters and relocation

matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey guys,
I'm working with a recruiter and the company is willing to relocate people if hired. I had my technical phone interview and it went OK, I got a few questions wrong, but overall I think it wasnt horrible. I was stress out because I thought I did bad, my recruiter told me that from what he heard "the interview went very well, you are by far the best candidate they have seen." is that a line that they all say? or do they actually get input from the company

Also is it common for a company that is willing to relocate you, to pay for you to fly out to their office before you sign on?

Any input would be helpful Thanks:)
Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I don't think the recruiter would lie to you, about them being interested. Maybe they didn't say you were the best, but the recruiters job is to fill the position. If the company didn't like you he/she would find someone else to send up.

As far as flying you out, yes that is common practice from my experience. Hiring without ever meeting face to face isn't something I think a lot of companies would be comfortable with.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.