Options

Need to get a strong background in IT basics.

Matt27[lt]Matt27[lt] Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
Situation is like this: apart 1 course in university, I had nothing to do with IT field. Nevertheless, I have been working in IT (PM, HD, Consultant) for 4 years. All my IT related knowledge was gained either by preparing for the cert, exams or by building labs at home, work. At the moment I feel a need to get some sturdy background in IT basics. By this I mean, that 2 years ago I could not tell the difference between bit and byte, I couldn't tell what should go after Terra byte and etc. Yes, I can (and if needed, I do) googled it, but I would like to learn it in a more structured way.For know I was able to find some universities free online courses on various IT matters. For example MIT, but is in it a little bit over my head?I also liked this page Network Plus Certification - Wikibooks, open books for an open world there all info is presented very nicely and easy to understand.Also checked A+ Certification - Wikibooks, open books for an open world but here I found nothing new.So, not to be confusing, short question would be this. If you were simply starting in IT field, what would you study from?

Comments