Options

CWSP Reading list

KoryKory Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Post CWNA pass I have decided to keep the momentum going in 802.11. Since I already learned half the test objectives for CCNA-Wireless in the course of studying for CWNA, I am going to spend a month or so studying for that, then move on to deeper matters, namely the CWSP exam.

Given my experience with the official Sybex CWNA book, I know full well now that the official materials, while great for building a foundation, are far from complete when compared to the material covered in the exam. Thankfully the practice test questions on the CWNP site illustrated just how weak my coverage was in some areas before I sat down for the test.

But I digress...

SO, for those out there who have taken or are in the process of studying for the CWSP, what are some great books, whitepapers, videos, etc you found indispensable in your preparation?

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Sorry for missing this post! icon_redface.gif

Any of the books on wireless hacking have great insights on 802.11 security. For the cert exam, pay special attention to the evolution of 802.11 security starting with WEP in 1999.
  • Options
    KoryKory Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No sweat, I am actually working on CCNP right now...only the mighty TSHOOT stands between me and victory. icon_lol.gif I am going to pick back up on CWSP where I left off. In the interim I read a really great book on 802.1X (since its a part of both CSWP knowledge and was required for a project at work).

Implementing 802.1X security solutions for wired and wireless networks by Jim Geier. Its fantastic, very accessible and informative.

And speaking of work I had to set up a hybrid EAP setup that required teachers to have access in the traditional manner with username password so we did PEAP-MSCHAP, and wireless lab devices to use certificate based auth (so they couldn't pop their credentials into contraban personal devices to get access). Used EAP-TLS for that, all on the same MS domain controller, runs like a champ, pretty proud of myself actually. icon_cheers.gif

But I digress...

I also started reading WiFoo: the secrets of wireless hacking. Its very detailed, but kinda dated, though I understand they are coming out with a new edition. I must say there have been more than a few "holy cow that's awesome...holy cow that's terrifying" moments in the book.