Options

Getting experience in Technologies without getting a cert or learning on the job.

dazl1212dazl1212 Member Posts: 377
Hi guys,
I realize I have asked this on another thread but for those who have not in-putted I thought I'd start a new thread.
Basically any job that is better paid than what I am doing requires experience in Active Directory and Exchange.
Now I don't particularly want to go to Cert level (MCTS) nor do I believe I would need to and I cant learn them on the job.
I am going to get the train signal vids and I have AD For Dummies and Exchange For Dummies.
Would any job accept somebody who has basically just read a book and labbed? As I really cant see another option.
I was doing my CCENT and plan to pass it eventually but I have a feeling with my lack of high level networking experience it will be a long slog icon_cry.gif
Any input is greatly appreciated.
Goals for 2013 Network+ [x] ICND1 [x] ICND2 [ ]

Comments

• Options
    MutataMutata Member Posts: 176
    My concern with this is outside of saying "Well I have read a book or two and spent some time with the technology" you wouldn't really end up with any paper-proof that you have experience. A certification is intended to validate a certain level of knowledge, on the job experience proves such as well. If you're going to put in time and effort into becoming familiar with something, might as well go that little bit extra and get the paper to prove it
  • Options
    dazl1212dazl1212 Member Posts: 377
    Thank you for the reply. How difficult would you say it would be in relation to the CCENT and full CCNA?
    Goals for 2013 Network+ [x] ICND1 [x] ICND2 [ ]