Options

Tech. Program - Advice Needed

Alhaji265Alhaji265 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
I need some advice...

I was interview today for a free IT/Cisco technology and professional skills program for young adults ages 18-25. After the the 22-week training, students will be place in a five-week internship for prominent companies in the area. Since not doing well in HS and college, I need some pointers on exceeding my expectation, (without going obsessively insane in trying to succeed) developing good study habits, strong work ethics and having a good chance of being hired?

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Figure out what you want to do, make a plan, and then don't forget to take it one step at a time. A lot of people have lofty dreams, big goals, but they get overwhelmed by the whole of it and often times end up either backing down from what they want or end up washing out. The first thing I'd recommend is looking at what technology interests you then figure out what certs relate to your interests. Believe me, it's much, MUCH easier to stick to the day-to-day routine of studying and working towards a goal when you actually care about and like what you're doing.

From the sounds of it, you were looking at Cisco technologies. If I were you, I'd start with the CCENT, then maybe look at the CCNA. After that, it's up to you what you want to do.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.