Options

I need all the advice I can get

jessejonesjessejones Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, I'm preparing myself for the Net+ exam which I plan to take in the middle of August. I need all the advice I can get.
And suggest materials I should use to study. I have no experience at all but I took a networking class last semester and I made an A. So my professor awarded me with a voucher for the Net+ exam.

Comments

• Options
    taternuts666taternuts666 Member Posts: 200
    I got Mike Meyer's Network+ book on Amazon. It's a good read and easy to understand. I read it cover to cover and I think I have a pretty good grasp on the material. It comes with some good practice exams too. Also, take the practice exams on here as well and take a look at the tech notes. Also, there is a member here (can't remember the name) that created some AMAZING cram notes that list common port numbers, OSI model layers, and cable specs. I'm sure someone else will respond to this and link to them.

I'm taking my exam in late July (have to wait so I can be reimbursed) so I'll be taking the practice tests a few times a week to stay fresh. Good Luck with your studies!
  • Options
    jessejonesjessejones Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks taternuts , Good luck to you as well.
  • Options
    mjnk77mjnk77 Member Posts: 164 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm reading Mike Meyers' CompTIA Network+ Certification Passport, Third Edition. Also, I'm going to watch Professor Messer's videos. That's what a lot of people seem to do. I'm looking to take the exam in August myself. I'm going to take the N+ 004 exam, as it should be cheaper since the exam expires at the end of August.
  • Options
    4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    The Mike Meyers' book and Professor Messer videos should be all you need for this exam. You should watch the videos in an active way, rather than a passive way (meaning if the Professor is typing in commands that you need to memorize, you should be typing them in also). It's much easier to memorize all of the commands and such this way, rather than just reading them. Good luck!
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Options
    glenn_33glenn_33 Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took a course at my local community college to prepare for the exam. I used the Element K books but Professor Messer's Free CompTIA Network+ Certification Training Course | Professor Messer - CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Technology Training helped me out a lot. Good Luck!:D
    A+/N+/S+/CCNA:RS/CCNA:Sec
  • Options
    HectorPHectorP Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I also have no experience. I used Darril Gibson's 005 book to study and also a random book of practice questions. I studied for about 2 months and I did pretty well. As mentioned, the Professor Messer videos helped greatly as well. Best of luck.
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congrats on the pass HectorP. Glad to hear the book helped.

Bst of luck on your next adventure.
  • Options
    Need a JobNeed a Job Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Professor Messer videos and Mike Meyers Total Tester.